EUWAS – European Waste Sector Asssistant
From 2005 until 2006 a consortium of nine partners form five different countries implemented the project EUWAS with the financial support of the European programme eContent.
Main objective of the project was to support the European waste sector by establishing a multifunctional, web-based knowledge portal providing up-to-date consultancy services concerning mainly:
- Waste treatment technologies
- Waste related legislation
- Administrative processes
- Tender information and further waste-relevant aspects.
The multilingual and transnational knowledge platform aimed at supporting target groups both from public administration and industry by providing a wide service spectrum considering country specific conditions. The multilingualism of the content ensured simple access to information regardless the users´ language skills.
The project consortium comprised partners from Poland, Germany, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
January 2005 – December 2006
The Project consortium
- Fraunhofer-Institute for Environmetal, Safety and Energy
- Technologies UMSICHT, D
- City of Hagen, D
- Baltic Environmental Forum, EE
- Baltic Environmental Forum, LV
- Baltic Environmental Forum, LT
- BEW, D
- IMBIGS, P
- Universität Kaunas, LT
- Zeitec Software GmbH, D